Among different types of pushups, wall pushups are a great choice for those who can’t do regular pushups and even for warming up before a pushup workout you can do wall pushups. Wall pushups are easier than regular pushups but when done correctly they can improve your fitness level and help you to build strength so that you can do regular pushups and improve the number of pushups you can do.
But how many wall push-ups equal 1 pushup?
Roughly 2-3 wall push-ups equal 1 regular pushup. When you do less than 20 wall pushups the difficulty score remains low. But once you cross the 20-wall pushups mark you start to feel the stress.
Below you will know more about how to find out how many wall pushups equal 1 pushup.
- How many wall push ups should I do a day?
- How many incline push-ups equal 1 pushup?
- Wall push up workout routine
How many wall push-ups equal 1 pushup – the answer
Most people who have been doing pushups or wall pushups for some time will find that 2-3 wall pushups equal 1 regular pushup.
A beginner who can do less than 5 pushups could be able to do 20-25 wall pushups. So for them, 1 regular pushup will be equal to roughly 4 wall pushups.
But to get the best possible answer you need to be able to do 15 regular pushups or more. Then you will find out that 2-3 wall push-ups equal 1 pushup.
In the below section, you will read about the procedure I used to find out how many wall push-ups equal 1 pushup.
You may also want to know: How Many Knee Push-ups Equal 1 Pushup?
How to find out how many wall pushups equal 1 pushup
To get the answer that will be suitable for most people first we need to find someone who can do 20-30 regular pushups or more. Then we need to find out what the highest number of regular pushups that person can do in one go.
Then we need to find out what’s the highest number of wall pushups the same person can do in one go.
Generally, that person will do more wall pushups than regular pushups. It’s because as compared to regular pushups wall pushups are easier to do.
So now to find out how many wall push-ups equal 1 pushup – we need to divide the total number of wall pushups that person did by the total number of regular pushups that person can do.
So if you use this procedure then in most cases you will find out that 2-3 wall pushups are equally challenging to doing 1 regular pushup.
Related article: How Often Should I Do Push ups To Get The Best Results
Are wall push-ups as good as regular push-ups?
For warming up your body before a pushup workout doing wall pushups is a great way to engage those muscles that will be used when you do regular pushups.
Also for people who just started doing pushups and can’t do regular pushups or they have low body strength that they could only do 1-4 regular pushups for them doing wall pushups will help them improve their body strength and with time they will be able to do more pushups.
But the thing is wall pushups are not equal to regular pushups. Because when you are doing regular pushups you use most of your body weight. Where when you do wall pushups only a part of your body weight tension is applied to your hands and shoulder and a portion of your body weight is applied to your legs.
So if you want to build your upper body and improve body strength then you should do regular pushups. But if in any case, you have low body strength and for warming up your body before a pushups workout you can do wall pushups.
Also read: Can you do pushups after eating food?
Things to remember before you do wall pushups
1. Wall pushups are a great alternative to regular pushups and knee pushups for beginners who want to improve their body strength so that they can do regular pushups.
2. If you want to do pushups for multiple sets then it’s recommended that you warm up before it. Wall pushups target the same muscle groups that are used while doing traditional pushups. So you can do 1-2 sets of wall pushups to warm up your body.
3. When doing wall pushups it’s important that you have the right body posture. Your back should be straight while doing wall pushups and your body should make roughly 45 degrees angle. You can also make wall pushups more challenging if you do wall pushups with your feet further away from the wall.
4. After doing wall pushups for some weeks to one month – your body gets used to it. So to make your pushups workout a bit challenging for your body you can do 1-2 sets of wall pushups then do incline pushups. To do incline pushups you need to place your hands on a higher surface than your feet. You can place your hands on the stairs, on a bed frame or on top of a bench to do incline pushups.
Also read: 1 Minute Plank Is Equivalent To How Many Push-ups
In this short post, I wanted to give you the answer for how many wall push-ups equal 1 pushup in short. The answer is 2-3 wall pushup is equal to 1 regular pushup.
When done correctly with the right form, wall pushups can help you to build muscle strength so that you can improve the number of regular pushups you can do.
Also for warming up your body before a pushup workout wall pushups and knee pushups are helpful.