To make your abs visible you need to workout and especially do exercises like plank, crunches, mountain climbers, leg rises and follow a healthy diet and maintain healthy amounts of body fat. There is no doubt that it takes some effort to make your abs visible.
But if your goal is to have a flat stomach then you can achieve it with some simple exercises and following a healthy diet.
Doing plank can help you to lose your belly fat and have a flat stomach.
But is 1 minute plank good?
Normally, most people can do plank for 30-40 seconds after doing planks for a few weeks. So, if you could hold a plank for one minute then it’s considered good and you are better than most people.
In this article you will read in detail about is doing planks for one minute is considered good. How long you should hold a plank to get a flat stomach and abs and what results can you get by doing planks and some important things you need to know regarding 1 minute plank.
So, without further ado, let’s begin.
- Is 1 minute plank good?
- How long should you hold a plank
- 5 Benefits of doing 1-minute plank
- Can the average person do a 1-minute plank?
- What does 1-minute plank do to your body?
- Can 1 minute plank burn belly fat?
- Is 1 minute plank long enough to build core strength?
- How many sets of 1 minute planks should I do to build abs?
- How long to get results from doing planks?
- Can doing plank alone help you get in shape?
- Calories you will burn doing planks for one minute
- Is 1 minute plank impressive?
- What happens if you do 1 minute plank every day for a month
- FAQs about 1 minute plank
Is 1 minute plank good?
Yes, doing a plank for 1 minute is considered good and can help you improve your core strength and improve your overall body fitness.
Doing planks engages multiple muscle groups, including the rectus abdominis, internal and external obliques, transverse abdominis, lower back muscles, glutes, quads, shoulders, and arms.
If you could do a forearm plank for 1 minute then it’s good and can help you build a flat stomach over time and strengthen your core muscles.
Where a high plank or planking with straight arms is easier than a forearm plank so, if you could do a high plank for more than one minute then it is considered good.
However, a beginner might find one minute plank a little bit difficult to do. For a beginner or someone doing planks only for 2-3 weeks holding a plank for 30-40 seconds is recommended. A female beginner who doing planks for the very first time can get started doing planks for 10 seconds and gradually increase the duration.
To get better results you should hold a plank as per your fitness level.
How long should you hold a plank to get better results
The ideal planking duration for someone depends on their fitness level.
Planking is an isometric exercise that engages multiple muscle groups, making it effective for strengthening the core, enhancing stability, and improving overall fitness.
Here’s how long you should hold a plank as per your fitness level to get better results:
For beginners, it’s recommended to do planks ranging from 10 seconds to 30 seconds. If you are doing planks for the very first time then do plank for 10 seconds and gradually try to increase your plank duration over time.
For the intermediate level, it’s recommended to do planks for 30-60 seconds.
And for the advanced level, it’s recommended to do planks for 1 minute to 1 minute 30 seconds.
To get better results from plank you should hold a plank as per your fitness level and maintain the right posture when doing planks. To make your planks effective your back and your body should form a straight line.
5 Benefits of doing 1-minute plank
Here are the benefits you can get if you can do planks for 1 minute.
1. Doing planks for 1 minute can help you improve your posture and help you improve your body balance.
2. Gradually you will build a strong core when you do planks 5-6 times a week.
3. Doing planks helps you stretch your core muscles and thus can help you have better body flexibility.
4. Doing planks especially if you do plank in the morning then it can help you improve your metabolism.
5. Planking for 1 minute can help you strengthen your core and help you avoid workout injuries and prevent back pain if you do weight training or workout at the gym.
Can the average person do a 1-minute plank?
Yes, an average adult person can do a 1-minute plank. But from the very start, they might not be able to do a 1 minute plank.
To have an idea about how difficult it is to hold a plank you can read this article about how many pushups are equal to 1 minute plank.
With practice, an average person can develop their core strength over time to get to that point where they could hold a plank for 1 minute.
For a beginner, it could take 40-60 days to do a plank for 3 sets and do planks 4-6 days a week to get to that point where they could do a 60-second plank.
What does 1-minute plank do to your body?
Doing planks for 1 minute can help you improve your core strength, stability, and overall body fitness.
If you could do 3-5 sets of 1 minute plank then it can help you get a flat stomach. Following a healthy diet, doing planks and other bodyweight exercises over time can help you get in better shape and maintain healthy body weight.
Here’s a list of things 1 minute plank do to your body:
- It can improve core strength over time.
- Builds your stamina and endurance.
- Reduces the risk of lower back pain and is good for those who work long hours sitting at a desk.
- Helps you improve your body posture.
- Makes it easy for you to do your everyday movements from lifting objects to bending and twisting.
- Improves the coordination between upper and lower body movements.
- Doing planks helps you improve stability around the shoulder joint.
- Doing planks for 1 minute can slightly improve your metabolism.
- Planking for 1 minute can help you improve your mental resilience and improve your self-confidence.
Can 1 minute plank burn belly fat?
Holding the plank for a minute can have some positive effects to burn your extra belly fat. However, you can get better and faster results when it comes to burning your belly fat if you do other exercises along with plank.
To burn belly fat there’s a simple rule you should follow – you need to burn more calories than you consume. Also doing daily exercises, cardio and living an active lifestyle can help in the weight loss process.
Is 1 minute plank long enough to build core strength?
Yes, for beginners and for the intermediate level doing 1 minute long plank is good enough to build core strength over time.
Additionally doing other core exercises and planks can build core strength faster.
To build your overall body strength along with exercises that engage your core you should do other exercises that engage muscles in your upper body and lower body.
How many sets of 1 minute planks should I do to build abs?
Here’s how many sets of 1 minute plank you should do to build abs.
For beginners 2-3 sets of plank with a duration of 30-40 seconds to build a flat stomach and abs.
For the intermediate level, 3-4 sets of plank lasting for 1 minutes to build abs.
And for the advanced level 3-5 sets of planking for 1-2 minutes to build abs.
You should know that when it comes to building abs you need to do multiple exercises that train your abs. So to build abs you need to do planks, situps, crunches, mountain climbers and other exercises that focus on training your core muscles.
Also, to make your abs visible you need to lower your body fat percentage and have a healthy amount of fat in your body.
How long to get results from doing planks?
It can take 30-40 days to get some noticeable results from doing planks. If you want a flat stomach or want to build abs then you should try to do multiple sets of plank and try to do plank for a longer period as per your stamina.
Additionally, the foods you eat can have an indirect effect on the results you can expect from doing planks.
After doing planks and other exercises for 4-6 days a week you can see substantial improvement in your body shape after 8-12 weeks.
Can doing plank alone help you get in shape?
No, only doing plank alone will not provide you with great results when it comes to getting in shape.
Plank can help you build your core strength and can slightly improve your metabolism but to get in shape you also need to practice other exercises to improve the overall shape of your body.
Along with exercises you need to follow a healthy diet and reduce eating unhealthy food items to get in shape faster.
Calories you will burn doing planks for one minute
Someone who has a body weight of 70 kg or 154 pounds can burn 4 calories if they do planks for one minute.
As in a workout session you will be doing on average 3 sets of planks so, it can burn 10-12 calories if you do 40-60 seconds of plank in each set.
Is 1 minute plank impressive?
1 minute plank is considered good and can provide great results if you are at the beginner or at intermediate level.
It is considered impressive if you could do planks for 2 minutes or more.
So, 1 minute plank is impressive if someone just started doing planks for 1-2 weeks and could stay in the plank position for 1 minute.
What happens if you do 1 minute plank every day for a month
Doing a 1-minute plank every day for 30 days can help you achieve these results.
If you are doing 3-4 sets one one minute plank then it’s better to take some rest days. You can take one rest day after doing planks every day for three days in a row.
1. When you do the plank for 30 days you will see a noticeable improvement in your core strength.
2. If you don’t have a flat stomach then doing a plank for 30 days will help you flatten your stomach and over time you can get a flat tummy.
3. Planking every day for a month can help you reduce the chances of back pain and help stabilize the spine and provide support to the lower back.
4. Your body posture will improve a lot.
5. Doing planks every day for 4 weeks will help you make it a daily habit.
6. When you do 1 minute plank for 30 days you might experience plateau in terms of strength and progress after a month. To avoid this you need to add some plank variations and increase the duration period to make your plank workout challenging for the body.
7. Also planking for a month will help you boost your mental resilience and build better self-discipline.
FAQs about 1 minute plank
Is 1 min 30 sec plank good?
Yes, if you could hold a plank for 1 min 30 seconds then it’s considered good.
Is 1 minute plank average?
After doing planks 5-6 days a week for a period of 40-50 days an adult can reach the point of doing a 1 minute plank. Where most beginners and intermediate-level exercisers could hold a plank for 30-40 seconds. So, a 1 minute plank is considered slightly better than average.
Is a 1 minute plank good for a 13 year old?
Yes, a 1 minute plank is considered good for a 13 year old and safe to do for a healthy teenager.
Are 1 minute planks good for abs?
1 Minute plank can help you build your core strength but to build abs you need to do other exercises that workouts your core, eat healthy food and maintain a low but healthy amount of body fat.
Is 3 1 minute planks good?
Yes, three sets of 1 minute planks are considered good and slightly better than the average.
Is 1 minute plank good for beginners?
Most beginners could hold a plank for 30 seconds. So, if someone as a beginner could hold a plank for 1 minute then it’s good but also impressive.
Does a 1 minute plank do anything?
Yes, doing a 1 minute bodyweight plank will help you burn calories, build muscle definition, improve core strength and help you get a flat stomach.
Is 1 minute plank a day enough?
Doing 1 set of one minute planks a day is not enough. Even if you are doing other core exercises you need to do at least 2 sets of plank. And if you are only doing planks then you should do 3-4 sets of planks.
Is 1 minute plank hard?
Yes, staying in the plank position for 1 minute is considered hard but doing planks for 40-50 days can get you to that point where you could easily do a 1 minute plank.
To make your abs visible, a combination of exercises like plank, crunches, and maintaining a healthy diet is essential. Holding a 1-minute plank is considered good but not impressive.
How long you should hold a plank depends on your fitness level. For beginners (10-30 seconds), intermediate (30-60 seconds), and advanced (1-1.5 minutes).
Some of the important benefits of a 1-minute plank include posture improvement, core strength, flexibility, metabolism boost, and prevention of workout injuries.
While planks aid in burning belly fat, a balanced diet and other exercises are recommended for optimal results.
Plank exercises alone are insufficient for improving your overall fitness level; a combination of exercises and a healthy diet are necessary.
Read next: 12 Best exercise tips for busy people.