There is no confusion that to enjoy a happy and healthy lifestyle one should keep their body fit. Exercising in the morning is the best way to stay fit and energetic throughout the day. But when we talk about morning workout two questions come very often:
- 1. When should you do your morning workout? Before or after the breakfast?
- 2. Are there any benefits of morning exercise before breakfast?
After reading this article you will know the answers to both of the questions. Also, don’t miss the FAQ section after this list.
7 Benefits of Morning Exercise Before Breakfast
1. Morning exercise in empty stomach burns fat faster
By doing some specific exercise in the morning like cardio or aerobic exercises you can experience a better and fast fat burning process.
In morning our body doesn’t have much sugar, so when we perform an exercise in the morning it uses a portion of our stored body fat. Therefore it’s a fast and effective way to burn fat.
2. Exercising in morning raises your metabolism + you get the advantage of the ‘afterburn’
During a morning workout, your body metabolism increases and it remains high for some period of time after the exercise.
You can only have this process if you perform the workout in morning or workout after fasting five to seven hours.
3. A fresh start of the day
In the morning we wake up with less tension and stress. When you workout early in the morning generally you have a high focus on your activities and thus it becomes much more effective.
By stimulating your body completely, you get relaxed and your mood remains cool for the whole day.
Also completing a morning workout gives you a feeling of accomplishment and its good for your mental health.
4. A morning exercise before breakfast will keep you Active All day Long
Do you want to stay active all day long?
One of the main benefits of morning exercise before breakfast is you’ll be more active all day long.
A good morning exercise burns your unused calories and helps your body to perform its normal activities. It enables good blood flow and this will help you to stay active for more hours.
If you are trying to increase your productivity then exercising in the morning is a must for you.
5. You will be Hungry for the breakfast after completing your morning workout
Most of the people eat a low amount of food for breakfast. Sometimes we ignore it and many time we supplement it with a protein bar.
A good breakfast is so much important to maintain good health and it supplies the energy that you need during a day.
By working out before breakfast you will be damn hungry to eat your breakfast and you will never miss it again.
6. It will take less time to fall asleep & You’ll have better sleep at night
An early morning workout gives you a fresh start for the day. You will be ahead of the time. After completing your workout and a nice breakfast you will feel active and in a better mood. This will help you to finish your work faster. So at evening, you can chill with your family and at night you will enjoy a good sleep.
7. Exercise before breakfast can help you to Lower Your Blood Pressure
It’s a fact that most heart attack happens in the early hours of the morning.
Scientific study on a group of participants found that a simple 30 minutes of running in the morning reduced their blood pressure by 10 percent.
Best practices and Tips for Morning Exercise before breakfast
Before you start working out in the morning, consider these things:
- Always try to have at least six hours of sleep. You can only wake up early and get enough time to exercise if you sleep early.
If you are a patience of diabetic then eat something before you start your workout.
- Prepare your breakfast before you go to your bed or make sure you can have it easily within 30 to 45 minutes after workout.
- Start slow, don’t overdo things. Give your body enough time to adapt your morning routine.
- Experiment different exercises and time period and then choose what works best for you.
Well, you see there are many benefits of doing a workout in morning before breakfast. Although morning exercise is good anyways before or after the breakfast – its depends on your comforts and goals.
Some of you may think…
Should I exercise before breakfast?
From my personal experience, it works well with my lifestyle. I do morning exercise 10 to 20 minutes after waking up in the morning. Generally, I try to complete it within 8 to 15 minutes. Few days I also do it for 3 minutes.
My quick morning exercise routine
I start my morning workout with stretching. I do it for 1 to 2 minutes. ( keep it simple )
My exercises go like this…
- First I start it with neck rotation, ( clockwise and anticlockwise), then I move my neck up and down, right and left a couple of times. It will help you to avoid sleepiness.
- After that, I do shoulder rotation ( place your both palms on your shoulder facing downward and start rotating forward for 10 – 15 times then rotate backward and repeat one two times.
- When you finished your shoulder rotation then move to arm rotation.
- Now do side bends from your hip. Left and right 10 – 15 times, forward-backward 5 – 10 times.
Remember when you start loving your morning workout and do it daily you will be surprised to see all the good changes in your body.
Let’s move on to the next exercise.
- Hip rotation for 30 seconds.
- Now its time to focus on lower parts of your body.
- Perform bodyweight lunge and squat 10 -15 times. Jump squat 3 – 5 times.
- Last exercises of this short morning workout comprise of planks and pushups.
I love doing pushups because at a time it engages many muscle groups. If you are just starting and can’t do a normal pushup then in pushup position place your knees to the ground for some extra support.
Gradually you will see the improvement in your body stamina. Just make sure you try to do it daily and try some couple of times before you think of giving up.
Now you know the benefits of morning exercise before breakfast.
Let me know what is your motivation to workout at morning before breakfast.